Tit 2:11-14 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
WHO ARE WE?
We are an autonomous local gathering of Christians who meet in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. With a firm belief that God left a design for the organization and function of His Church, it is our desire to be obedient to the New Testament pattern in our principles and practices.
WHAT DO WE BELIEVE?
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God ( 2 Peter 1:21 ), inerrant in the original documents, and the final authority in all matters of faith and practice ( 2 Tim.3:16-17 )
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and equal in all things as to eternality, omnipotence, omnipresence, and omniscience ( Matt.28:19; 2Cor.13:14
- The Lord Jesus Christ is truly God and truly man (Jn.1:1,14 ), born of a virgin, ( Luke1:26-35 ), and sinlessly perfect ( 2 Cor.5:21; 1 Peter 2:22 ). His sacrifice on the cross of Calvary was for the sin of the whole world. He arose bodily from the dead and ascended to the Father’s right hand where he ministers in the presence of God for us ( Heb.4: 14-16 )
- Each member of the human race is fallen, sinful, and lost ( Rom.5:12-19 ); regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of man. Redemption is wholly by the blood of Christ; and salvation is by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone. ( 1 Peter 1:18-19 ). Every true child of God possesses eternal life and is safe for all eternity ( John 6:47; John 10:27-29 )
- The Holy Spirit indwells the believer at the moment of conversion, and therefore the child of God is sealed until the Day of Redemption and empowered to live a godly life ( 1 Cor. 6:19; Romans 8:9b;Acts 1:8 )
- The Bible teaches the “blessed hope”, i.e. the personal, pre-millenial and imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ ( 1 Thess. 4:15-18; 2 Thess. 1:7-10 )
- The truth of the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost ( Rev. 20:12-15 )
- All believers should be baptized by immersion. ( This, however , is not the door to the church or an absolute condition to fellowship )( Matt. 28:19; Acts 8:38-39 )
- All Christians should obey the Lord in observing the Lord’s Supper. This remembrance of Christ’s death is held each Lord’s day, a practice which began with the early Christians ( 1 Cor.11:23-26 ; Acts 20:7 )
- The Church as a whole is not an organization, but rather a living organism known as the Body of Christ. The local church is composed of believers in a locality who gather in Christ’s name for worship, prayer, teaching, edification, testimony and gospel outreach. Government and discipline are the responsibility of the local church ( 1Cor,12:12-13; Acts 2:47 )